Some pages of this site are written in French but you can read them easily by using the Google Translate at the end of each page.
WELCOME TO FRANCE
We live on a farm in the Bourgogne region where we breed Charolais cows, a flock of French sheep and American Quarter Horses.
Our FCI registered kennel started out in 1995 with the French shepherd breed "Berger Picard" and in 1997 our first Australian Shepherd arrived. We are passionate about working herding dogs and our objective is to select Aussies that can be of help to us on the farm as well as be part of our family. We tell you more about our farm and our family HERE .
This site is dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the Working Australian Shepherd bloodline in France too.
The French Farm Trials
Our dogs are mainly working dogs but they also participate in herding trials. All shepherd breeds can participate in the French farm trials (approximately 10 % are other breeds than border collies) and the competitions are divided into three levels:
- Level I (1) for novice handlers and dogs,
- Level II (2) for experienced handlers and dogs. If a dog obtains two “excellent” judgements from two different judges, it is awarded the title "Brevet de Travail sur Troupeaux"
- Level III (3), this level trials are qualifiers to select the 20 best French working dogs for the National Farm Trial Championship.
You find more information on the French herding trials on this English website: Herding on the Web.
In France, only 8 Aussies have achieved the title "Brevet de Travail sur Troupeaux".
In France, only 3 Aussies have managed to qualify to the National Championship.
Our Aussies in French Farm Trials so far:
- 1999 :" Brevet de travail sur Troupeaux" achieved with Nuts.
- 2001 : Nuts is the first Aussie qualified to the National Championship and places 13 among 20 dogs.
- 2001 : "Brevet de travail sur Troupeaux" achieved with Fever.
- 2002 :" Brevet de travail sur Troupeaux" achieved with Texas.
- 2003 : Texas gets the highest ever score for an aussie in a herding trial: 141 points out of 150. He is also the first Aussie to win a level III farm trial with an "CAC-Troupeau" (best dog of the farm trial).
- 2011 : "Brevet de travail sur Troupeaux" achieved with Chips.
- 2012 : CHIPS wins a CAC-Troupeau and wins two level III farm trials and thereby gains 300 qualifying points out of 300 possible for the National Championship 2013.
- 2013 : CHIPS on the second step of the podium at the National Farm Trial Championship. She is the first Australian Shepherd to gain the title reserve champion of France!
- 2013 : CHIPS wins the international Traditionnal FCI trial in La Toussuire and the first Aussie to have the CACI-Troupeaux (best dog of the internationnal trial).
- 2013 : The title "Brevet de travail sur Troupeaux" achieved with Gamin after winning two level II farm trials.
- 2014 : - For the first time in France, two Australian Shepherds are engaging in herding competition Level III. And they are both on the podium! CHIPS makes the third place and GAMIN gets the CACT with a very noticeable performance.
-2014 : CHIPS finishes in tenth place on the 20 dogs selected at the French Championship 2014. She is the only representative of the breed to have managed to qualify twice at the French Championship on sheep.
- 2015 : Introduction of a new lines through the use of a dog living in Germany, S Bar L Coleman, WTCH and 2x reserve Most Versatile Aussie European, for the latest litter of CHIPS. And that is how JADE comes into our lives.
- 2016 : A great sadness because TEXAS unfortunately leaves us. Thank Texas for eveything you brought to us.
- 2016 : Gamin makes a season of contests particularly noteworthy on 4 contests, he gets 3 times the first place with the CACT and once the second place and all with scores between 135 and 145 points / 150.
He is selected for the French CHAMPIONSHIP which will be held in 2017 with the best Border Collies.
And we’re just getting started!...
Our Working Dogs :
On our site you will find information about our dogs,
including pedigrees, photos of each dog and sometime videos.
Please click on the name of the dog to open the webpage.
THE PRESENT WORKING DOGS
GAMIN and CHIPS are solid working partners on the farm.
THE OLD DOGS
THE DOGS LIVING IN FRIENDLY FAMILIES :
GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Norma & John Hart, Annekee De Jong, Linda Bell,
Dana Mackenzie and Melinda May.
The best way to contact us is by e-mail at email@example.com
VIDEOS of Our Working Dogs:
Videos of GAMIN:
Videos of ECLAIR:
Videos of TEXAS:
Videos of CHIPS: